Michael’s photography experience includes magazine editorial photography, commercial construction photography, portraits, landscapes, fine art and gigapixel photography.
As an expert in shooting gigapixel panoramas using GigaPan technology, Michael captures hundreds of thousands of images and combines them into a single, high-resolution image to explore and share.
During his career at GigaPan, Michael has conducted seminars and workshops, trained top photographers, and developed tutorial videos and webinars.
To this day, Michael still carries his camera everywhere, prepared to capture the next great shot.
- Shooting panoramas since 2005
- Senior Designer Manager of the Yahoo! Creative Solutions team, 7 years.
- Served on the International Association of Panoramic Photographers IAPP board.
- IVRPA Officer
- Active member of the Gigapan Systems Advisory board
- BETA-tester for: Nodal Ninja, Promote-Systems, and Bushman-panoramic.
- Founder & host of ongoing webcast: The Panographers – www.panogs.com
- Partnered with Joergen Geerds, in the creation of xRez Studio’s (& team): Yosemite Extreme Panoramic Imaging Project, 2008.
- Publications:Featured on page 468 of the Christian Bloch’s HDRI handbook 2.0.
- Publications:Panographer (along with Canon “Explorer of Light” Clint Clemens) for upcoming (Dec2015) Tachen coffee-table book of Murals of Tibet – Gigapixel Panoramas of an Ancient Culture.
- Public Installations: (Interior sliding conference room walls mount/gigapixel print, Hotel MAYA, Long Beach, CA,
- Public Installations:(exterior)Massive Interpretive “Panorama” signs throughout the Mount St Helen’s National Monument, WA 2009
- *Public Exhibitions: Seattle Symphony Orchestra played to my panoramic projections for the 3 hour orchestration of : “An American Symphony”, Benayora Hall, Seattle WA
Education: BFA, Rhode Island School of Design and Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood.
Funny fact: Hollywood actor Charlie Sheen purchased one of his prints at an art opening in Venice Beach, CA.
The news and especially the images recently spread all over the web. At our Las Vegas 2014 conference we will bring you a first hand talk from the guys who actually managed to get that terrific image from the top of One World Trade Center. Learn how they closed the deal, managed the many challenges and which hardware tweaks they used.
Continue reading “From the Spire — Creating the 1WTC Time Magazine Gigapixel Panorama” »